I have three rule about the media I consume: it has to either, be inspiring, it has to teach you something, and it’s quality has to be outstanding.
Life Changing Books
- “The Tao of Pooh” (1982) – Written by Benjamin Hoff. Start here.
- “How To Win Friends and Influence People“ (1936) -Written by Dale Carnegie. Classic book on how to deal with people in business and social life.
- “Think and Grow Rich“ (1937) – Written by Napoleon Hill. The book every aspiring man and entrepreneur should read.
- “How To Stop Worrying and Start Living.” (1948) -Also by Dale Carnegie. If you are starting out at business, troubling times may come at you. This book will help you rationalize your fears into a constructive image so you can asses the situation better.
- “The Art of the Deal” (1987) – Written by Donald J. Trump. Donald Trump first explains the basic ins and outs of real estate deals making while telling about his personal experiences making deals later in the book.
- “Secrets of Closing The Sale” (1982) – Written by Zig Ziglar. An awesome book that explains all the ins and outs of sales for starters. From newspapers to houses.
“No Bullshit” Movies
- “Twelve Angry Men“ (1957) – Directed by Sidney Lumet. Teaches you the principles of critical thinking and standing up for what you believe.
- “Papillon” (1973) – Based upon the autobiography of French convict Henri Charrière. The story is about a prison break in French Guiana.
- “Rocky” (1976) – Written by Sylvester Stallone. One of my favorite movies of all time. Covers all improtant aspects of triumphing, winning, not giving in, plowing through resistance, and eventually achieving victory.
- “Taxi Driver” (1976) – Starring Robert DeNiro. Some call this movie a psycho thriller but it holds a high standard of masculine morality into it.
- “The Godfather I, II, and III“ – Written by Mario Puzo. – Classic book (and movie) trilogy which points out the correct standards for: family, respect, ethics, and manhood.
- “Mad Men” (2007) – A television series about business in an 1950’s advertisement company, closely watch the main character Don Draper.
- “Lilyhammer” (2012) – A television series about a former American mobster who starts a new life in a small town in Norway, but keeps his old lifestyle habits to create a stronger community in the broken town of Lilyhammer.